The Analyst role is an entry-level position for recent college graduates or those with 1-2 years of post-college experience. We also hire intern-analysts during the school year or the summer.
Compass Analysts form the backbone of the Firm’s analytical rigor and Compass provides its junior professionals with the specialist training required to succeed. Analysts are expected to master a number of core skills:
- Conducting fundamental research on clients, industries, and acquisition opportunities
- Building and evaluating detailed financial models
- Performing valuation analyses using various methodologies
- Preparing presentation materials for use in client meetings
The Analyst experience at Compass is different from other boutique and bulge bracket firms in a few key ways:
- Analysts work closely and directly with Compass’ senior leaders and frequently interact with the Firm’s top tier clients on transactions.
- Compass looks for its analysts to be more than an analytical cog in a machine. We actively search for junior talent who are eager to learn and hungry to take on added responsibility, build relationships with clients, and be the Firm’s advisors and investors of the future.
- Compass operates as a true meritocracy and refuses to adhere to service-length-based promotion metrics. We love to promote from within, including giving outstanding advisory analysts the opportunity for promotion to Associate to work on the investing side of the business.
- Compass aims to keep its people for longer than two years, hiring people who will build the Firm while the Firm helps them build their careers. We reward hard work but also don’t expect our team to put in unnecessary “face”-time.
Many firms say they are entrepreneurial, but at Compass an entrepreneurial spirit is a way of life.
For analyst or intern applications, please submit your cover letter and resume to Recruitment.